Last Modified: 14:47 PM EDT, 17 October 2012
Every now and then we should pause to take stock of our lives and what is really important. Here is a tool to help you do just that. You don’t need a pen and paper for this exercise, just read it naturally. If you can’t answer the question immediately, move on to the next.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five World Cup champions.
3. Name fifteen famous historical figures.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name five Academy Award winners for Best Actor and Actress from the 1950′s.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remembers the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They’re the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Now here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. Name three teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The people who make a difference in your life aren’t the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They’re the ones who care.Follow Nahmias Cipher Report on Twitter Twitter: @nahmias_report