The death toll in the church massacre in Kogi State has increased to 19, the police said on Tuesday.
Monday night, unidentified gunmen stormed the Deeper Life Church in Okene, during a service, killing 15 people on the spot and leaving many other worshippers injured.
One of the worshippers died on the way to hospital in Lokoja on Monday night, while another three died on Tuesday.
On Monday, 6 August 2012, in an eerily similar attack half-way across the world, another house of worship was attacked and 19 people were killed, including the pastor of the church by radical Islamist extremist.
Killing people based upon religion, or rather one's interpretation of religion is detestable. As is killing people based upon race, sex, political views or sexual orientation. This post provides insight into this deadly phenomena which seems to be proliferating.
- Gunmen kill 19 Christian worshippers in attack on church in Nigeria (telegraph.co.uk)
- Gunmen Kill 19 Christian Worshippers In Attack On Church In Nigeria (businessinsider.com)
- Gunmen Kill 15 Worshippers in Attack on Nigerian Church (voanews.com)
- 19 killed as gunmen go on the rampage during church service in Nigeria (dailymail.co.uk)
- Gunmen Kill 19 Worshippers in Attack on Nigerian Church (blogs.voanews.com)