- ‘KONY 2012’ video goes after African rebel leader (worldnews.msnbc.msn.com)
- Can viral video take down a war criminal? (globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com)
- Stop Kony in 2012 (withsummerlove.com)
- Who Is Joseph Kony? Twitter’s #StopKony to Help End Uganda’s LRA Leader’s Reigns [VIDEO] (ibtimes.com)
- Kony 2012: Viral Campaign Aims to Take Down War Criminal [Video] (inquisitr.com)
- Hunt for Ugandan war criminal Joseph Kony video goes viral (news.nationalpost.com)
- Joseph Kony, Invisible Children and the rise of quick social activism (shortformblog.com)
A documentary film aimed at exposing the heinous acts of Ugandan war criminal Joseph Kony exploded over the Internet Wednesday, drawing praise and condemnation from the millions who viewed it.
The half-hour film Kony 2012, made by the U.S. organization Invisible Children, tells the story of a child soldier named Jacob and the charity’s push to have the U.S. intervene to stop the LRA.
The campaign kicked off just as the Lord’s Resistance Army, a cultish militia led by Kony that has terrorized parts of Africa for decades, launched a new spate of attacks in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Millions of Twitter users used the hashtag #stopkony, vying for the top trending spot against other popular topics like the iPad 3 and football player Peyton Manning.
“Dear Joseph Kony, I’m Gonna help Make you FAMOUS!!!! We will stop YOU #StopKONY! All 6,000,000 of my followers RT NOW!!! Pls!”…
View original post 839 more words