The article below is written by Shafi'i Mohyaddin Abokar from the Inter Press Service. It talks about how Somali women want a larger role in the country's leadership. Women make up a large portion of Somalia, but have little pull in government. However, Somalia is at a crossroads: its transitional government is set to end in August, and its new parliament will take over.
- Women in Somalia say they should be considered for the country's leadership. (somaliswisstv.com)
- Global effort to rebuild Somalia excluding Shabaab-controlled areas (telegraph.co.uk)
- UN is an honest broker in Somalia peace process. (somaliswisstv.com)
- London conference - Talk point: we want to hear your views on the future of Somalia. (somaliswisstv.com)
- Somali families flee to capital, fearing fighting (foxnews.com)
- Somali Families Flee to Capital, Fearing Fighting (abcnews.go.com)